Covid-19 disruptions during 2021 did not stop UC student sustainability champions from contributing their enthusiasm and energy to sustainability issues and activities.
Almost 600 students were members of UC’s Eco Volunteer programme in 2021,
Despite some Covid-19 disruption, UC’s sustainability-minded students participated in:
- Community garden kai workshops – preserving, fermenting and brewing
- Modern Slavery Act signing activations
- Fashion Revolution clothes swap and alterations workshops (with UC’s Te Rua Makerspace)
- Fair trade field trip
- Matariki / Winter Solstice Bike Ride
- SDG Summit / SDG Hui
- Mask making workshops with the SVA
- Plastic Free July beeswax wrap workshops
- Opsoc x UC Greens Sustainability Market
The Pūrongo Toitū te Taiao | 2021 UC Sustainability Report is now available! Find out about all the awesome work that happened at UC.
Read our news story here: https://www.canterbury.ac.nz/news/2022/covid19-couldnt-curb-enthusiasm-for-sustainability.html