From 11.59pm on Monday 12 September, the Covid-19 Protection Framework (also known as the traffic light system) is no longer required and has now been removed. Two tools will remain in place to contain Covid-19 in the community – these are mask use in healthcare settings and isolation for those with Covid-19 only.
What these changes mean for you at UC:
- There is no longer a requirement to wear a mask on campus – except at the Health Centre and Pharmacy. Some places you visit off-campus as part of your role at UC might ask you to wear a mask, check with them before visiting.
- If you test positive for Covid-19 you are still required to isolate for 7 days. If you have tested positive for Covid-19 please complete this form so we can support you – https://ucsafety.assurasoftware.net/Default.aspx
- Household contacts no longer need to isolate but are encouraged to do a RAT test daily.
- All remaining vaccine mandates will end. Some businesses or providers you work at as part of your role at UC might require you to be vaccinated due to their responsibilities under health and safety legislation, please check with them before visiting.
You are encouraged to read and familiarise yourself with what these changes mean here>
The removal of the traffic light system means a return to business as usual without restriction, however it does not change how quickly Covid-19 can spread and the seriousness of the illness. With this in mind, please continue good health practices:
- Wash your hands regularly and use hand sanitiser.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow.
- Clean or disinfect shared surfaces regularly.
- Consider wearing a face mask when working close to others and please respect anyone who chooses to wear a mask.
- Stay home if you are sick – take a rapid antigen test (RAT) if you have Covid-19 symptoms.
- Open windows to increase fresh air flow inside. If air conditioning is used, make sure the system is regularly maintained.
- Stay up to date with your vaccinations.