It’s important to look after yourself and others in these uncertain and unique times. Here are just a few of the support services available across UC and Aotearoa New Zealand:
- Atawhai Ākonga | Student Care – 03 369 3388, email@example.com
- Māori student support – 03 369 1445, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pacific student support – 03 369 1445, email@example.com
- Rainbow student support – 03 369 1445, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Te Whare Hauora | UC Health Centre – 03 369 4444, email@example.com
- Chaplaincy services – Rev Dr John Fox, 027 357 1628, firstname.lastname@example.org
- UCSA Welfare and Advocacy Service – 03 369 0555, email@example.com
- Ministry of Health Need to talk? Free phone or text 1737
- Lifeline – 0800 543 354 or text HELP to 4357 for free, 24/7, confidential support
With Omicron spreading across Aotearoa New Zealand, getting vaccinated against Covid-19 is the best thing you can do to protect you, your mates and your whānau.
So if it’s time for your booster, drop into our vaccination clinic on campus next week!
Date: Tuesday 22 February
Time: 9.30am – 4.30pm
Venue: Haere-roa, 90 Ilam Road
You won’t need to make an appointment, you can just pop in anytime that suits you. Our awesome volunteers will be there to welcome you into Haere-roa, answer any questions you have and make sure you’re well looked after. There’ll be music, free kai, and everyone is welcome, so bring along your friends, family and flatmates too!
Please wear a face mask, maintain physical distancing at all times, and stay home if you’re sick.
If we all get vaccinated and boosted, we will help slow the spread of the virus and keep our community safe. You can find out more about Covid-19 vaccines here>
This clinic is being led by Tangata Atumotu Trust (TAT), and in partnership with Canterbury District Health Board (CDHB) and University of Canterbury (UC).
Are you looking to gain professional skills while studying? Want to design a project proposal for an iconic nationwide business?
ENROL IN PACE225: Workplace Skills and Corporate Social Responsibility.
This is a campus-based course in Semester 1 (15 pt)! It is taught by a cross-disciplinary team of lecturers with expertise in corporate social responsibility, communication, te reo Māori for business, community engagement and social sustainability. This course also features guest speakers from businesses such as Sharesies and Brown Bread who you’ll have the opportunity to network with!
PACE225 offers the opportunity to work on a real-life business proposal that makes a positive difference in the local community. Students work together in small groups where you will learn how to write up a project plan and develop workplace skills.
- Hear from guest speakers on their experiences in social enterprise and more!
- End up with your own Career Development Portfolio and professional contacts.
- Develop skills required in ANY workplace!
There is still plenty of time to enrol for semester 1! Any questions, please get in touch with Renae Adams and/or Freddie Jefferd.