Haere mai, welcome to UC! Chances are you’ll spend a fair bit of time in our libraries while you’re here, so here is all the essential info you need.
There are three libaries on campus:
1. Puaka-James Hight (Central) Library (PJH) for Humanities, Social Sciences, Law, Business and Economics, Education, Music and Fine Arts
2. Engineering and Physical Sciences Library (EPS) for engineering, forestry, sciences and Antarctic Studies
3. Macmillan Brown Library (MB) for cultural heritage collections
Stuck? You can ask the experts
Subject Librarians are available to offer referencing advice and more!
Browse the library catelogue for everything you need
We have textbooks, online journal articles, ebooks and more! Take a look here.
Got a Library-related question?
Get an instant reply on AskLIVE, the Library’s instant messaging service.
Check your account online
You have an online Library account to make requests & renew your current items.
Take a break
Te Rua Makerspace is just the place for you to take a break from study and get creative. Find out what’s going on over the next few weeks here.
Find out more about UC Libraries here.
Join us at the Rainbow Lunch on Wednesday 20 July from 12pm-1pm over at Haere-Roa. This is your chance to meet other Rainbow students and enjoy some yummy kai. QCanterbury, our UC student club, will also be there to chat with.
New to UC? Got a question and not sure who to ask? Visit Te Pātaka, UC’s student services hub!
You can find it on Levels 2 and 3 (the mezzanine floor) in Puaka James Hight Central Library.
Just like pātaka (storehouses for food, goods, and other valuable resources), Te Pātaka is a one-stop-shop of resources for tauira (students) that will be visible from the moment you enter the library.
Te Pātaka offers an abundance of resources, support and information that will ensure you succeed and excel throughout your academic journey at UC.
Te Pātaka is the first place you should visit if you’ve got a question or need help with something while you’re studying here.
When you pop into Te Pātaka, you’ll find:
- A help desk/reception area
- Kaitoko (Student Advisors for first-year and new-to-UC students)
- Te Waka Pākākano advisors
- Enrolment and Admissions support
- Financial services and Scholarships support
- International support
- IT Help Desk
- LEARN assistance
- Accommodation help
- the Library help desk will provide support with all your library needs as well.
Drop in anytime between 8.30am and 5pm on weekdays.
Hei akuanei, see ya soon!
FInd out more here>