This is a campus-based 15-point applied learning course held in Semester 1. PACE255 is taught by a cross-disciplinary team of lecturers and industry experts (from national and local businesses) with expertise in career development, corporate social responsibility, communication, te reo Māori for business, community engagement and social sustainability.
This year we are excited to be working with Hawkins on the construction of The Court Theatre’s new building in the central city. In this course, you will work on a project to help Hawkins engage with communities involved in this development.
Speakers for 2023 include:
- Clare Murray – Director, Work-Integrated Learning | Ako ā-Mahi
- Professor Jeanette King, Aotahi
- Associate Professor Donald Matheson, Media and Communications
- Associate Professor Mike Grimshaw, Sociology
- Dr Raewyn Tudor, Social Work
- People and Culture (HR)
- Nell Mooney, UC Careers
- Ian French – Hawkins
- Carolyne Grant- The Court Theatre
- Greg Ward- Isaac Theatre Royal
- James Dobson – Millpond
- Jo Blair – Brown Bread
- Anton Matthews – FUSH
- Andrea Bankier- Sheffield
- Annemarie Mora
Why PACE 225?
- Develop skills required in any workplace, e.g. effectiv communication, problem-solving, project planning and essential tikanga Māori in a business environment.
- Hear kōrero from guest speakers on their experience in project management, social enterprise and more.
- Design socially responsible initiatives for The Court Theatre build project by Hawkins
- You’ll end the course with your own Career Development Portfolio
Ready to sign up – or need more info?
Get in touch with us firstname.lastname@example.org
or visit https://www.canterbury.ac.nz/study/work-integrated-learning/pace-internship-programme/ for more details.
Prepare for your Future and enrol now for semester 1 2023!
PACE (Professional and Community Engagement)