Learn it, Live It!
Apply now for a PACE Internship Course next semester!
What is the PACE Programme?
- PACE stands for Professional and Community Development and offers a suite of multifaceted courses designed to grow your personal and professional skills and identity.
- All PACE courses include:
- A bespoke internship with a community or industry organisation, for either 70 or 140 hours.
- Compulsory lectures once a week that help you develop your professional skills and identity.
- Credits towards your degree, (15 or 30) yes, you heard right these courses can count towards your degree!
- All the PACE courses are open to everyone who applies This opportunity is open to ALL students of any degree!
- We source and set up the internship for you. We support you throughout the process to ensure you get the most out of your experience alongside an amazing organisation that suits you.
- Entry requirements are based on the number of points you have achieved so far:
- PACE295 – must have 90 points already
- PACE395 – must have 140 points already
- PACE495 – must be studying at the postgraduate level
Still not sure? Have a look at some of the neat projects we are currently looking to fill:
|Can do Catering||Social media and basic marketing.|
|Backpackers group||Social media and marketing, more remote based.|
|Teltrac||Producing videos, internal trainings and external stories for projects.|
|Aviva||Communication and support along with fundraising event and social media.|
|Cholmondeley Childrens Centre||Social media content development, capturing stories, creating Cholmondeley care magazine, photography. Based in Governors Bay.|
|Workplace Wellbeing||Planning setting up and running social media strategy. Creating challenges for schools and groups. Promotional videos and animation. Remote Work.|
|Skyzer||New software and needing help with launch campaign. Audience research, copywriting, market trends, communications. Remote work.|
|SPSS Group (R80 Rugby, XLR8 Fitness, R80 Sports)||Joining the sales and marketing team in the area of graphic design, social media content creation / management and the creation of group marketing collateral generation. Looking at sports teamwear apparel design, graphic design skills needed.|
|Disability Leadership Canterbury Waitaha for Everybody Trust||Assisting with networking meetings, provide support to workshops, collating learnings, assist with submissions.|
|Primary Sport Canterbury||Interviewing and creating stories about the organisation to showcase on their website.|
|Epic Sports||Getting involved with programs and helping run them with the kids.|
|Cholmondeley Childrens Centre||Youth roles working in the centre with the children. Based in Governors Bay.|
|Recreate||Helping on programmes for young people with disabilities.|
|Bee Awesome||Helping with teaching, looking at environmental education, creating resources, incorporating Te Reo.|
|Underground/Overground Archaeology||Historical research and continuing the creation of a database on one of the sites.|
|STAR newspaper||Supporting the digital content team to go through Christchurch star newspaper archives, sorting photos, and increasing visibility of collection to public.|
|Cheviot Museum||Cataloguing and archiving, documenting, and researching objects. Need to be able to head out to the museum.|
Computer Science/Website Development
|JASI Swim Team||Website development. Remote work|
|Community Law||Investigate digital delivery options for the legal education services we provide to community groups. To see what options are available for delivering pre-recorded and live-streamed education material and help to identify which would best suit our needs and the needs of our clients. We would like them to review, price and compare the existing digital platforms to help us identify whether we are better to self-host or use an existing service.|
|Rolleston Warriors Rugby League Club||Website Creation and linking to social media|
Ready to sign up – or need more info?
Get in touch with us via firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://www.canterbury.ac.nz/study/work-integrated-learning/pace-internship-programme/ for more detail.
It’s never too early to get in touch!
It takes time for us to be able to source the best internship for you, so best to apply early!
The soft deadline to apply for Semester 2 is 31st May, so best to apply before things get busy with assignments and exams!
Give yourself a head start on your working future… APPLY NOW for semester 2!