Applications are open now for Ngāi Tahu Research Centre scholarships.
Scholarships are available for postgraduate and doctoral students.
Scholarship recipients may be studying any discipline at the University of Canterbury, but applicants whose projects promote mātauranga Māori within the sciences, commerce, law or engineering and are linked to the mission and current research foci of the Ngāi Tahu Research Centre will be given preference.
Find more information and to apply click here.
Applications for 2021 close on 31 October 2020.
The following three prestigious postgraduate travelling scholarships are open now and close on 1 November 2020.
They provide exciting opportunities for graduates in Arts, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics or a medical/health-related field to undertake further postgraduate study at either a UK institution in the case of the Sims Empire Scholarship, or an overseas institution in the case of the Tytheridge Travelling Scholarship in Arts and the Lord Rutherford Memorial Research Fellowship.
These opportunities will take place in 2021, subject to the opening of borders at the time.
Eligible applicants can read the regulations and login and apply at the following links now:
Lord Rutherford Memorial Research Fellowship
Sims Empire Scholarship
Tytheridge Travelling Scholarship in Arts
For more information please contact:
The UCE Summer Startup Programme is an opportunity for you to fast-track your commercial venture or social enterprise into reality by working on it for ten weeks over the summer period. If you’ve got an idea, it’s also an opportunity to make it happen!
At the conclusion of the Programme, you will present to a panel of judges for the opportunity to pitch at the UCE Showcase and win cash prizes.
Topics covered during the Programme include:
- Defining and validating the problem, pain or unmet need
- Understanding and talking to your customer
- Minimum viable product definition and development
- Routes to market
- New venture revenue and cost models
- Intellectual property strategy
- Team building and management
Click here to apply for the Summer Startup Programme Today!
In conjunction with the programme, a limited number of UCE Summer Startup Scholarships offer students $5,000 (tax-free) to work on their ventures. All applications for the Summer Startup Programme are automatically considered for the Scholarship.
Application Key dates
- Applications Open – Apply now!
- Information Session 2 – September 11, 2020 (1pm @UCE, 6th Floor Rehua Building)
- Applications Close – September 15, 2020
- Shortlist Interviews – September 21-22, 2020
- Offers made – September 23-25, 2020
Programme Key dates
- Programme Start – November 11, 2020
- Xmas Break – December 16, 2020 to January 6, 2021
- All Pitch Day – January 29, 2021
- UCE Showcase – February 4, 2021