As part of the continued Christchurch City Council Nor’west Arc Cycleway project, major work is taking place around the Ilam Rd/Maidstone Rd/Creyke Rd intersection between 9 January and 31 May 2024.
The working area is Ilam Road between Memorial Avenue and University Drive.
Impact to traffic on Ilam Road:
- Traffic will be southbound only on Ilam Road from the intersection heading towards Riccarton Road
- Traffic will be northbound only on Ilam Road from the intersection heading towards Memorial Avenue
- The intersection traffic lights will not be operating during this period (they are being upgraded as part of the project)
- Traffic will still be able to travel east and west through the intersection along Creyke Road and Maidstone Road
Accessing Science Road and University Drive:
- Vehicles exiting Science Road or University Drive can travel southbound only heading towards Riccarton Road
- Traffic management will finish just north of University Drive/Ilam Road entrance. Access to University Drive and the UCSA car park is from both directions, however vehicles exiting can travel southbound only heading towards Riccarton Road
Impact to parking:
- All free on-street parking on Ilam Road between the intersection and Memorial Avenue will be unavailable between 9 January and 31 May