Ashleigh’s advice

Ashleigh Johns (PhD student)

Digital assistance for your studies

Read&Write has been an excellent addition to my studies. It offers more than 18 study support features, all on a customizable floating toolbar. One of my favorites is the highlighter feature. I use it while reading course material to mark important points. At the click of a button, R&W can pull out the highlighted text portions and paste them into a Word document within a few seconds. I find this feature very helpful when there’s a lot I’d like to note down from an article, textbook, or other documents that I am reading. I also find the dictionary tool quite handy. It helps me check out the meaning of new or complex words. And if I want to rest my eyes, I can have R&W read aloud the text on my screen.

R&W has a translator tool too that can be very useful to international students.

The Assistive Technology Team runs fantastic training sessions to help students access the benefits of Read&Write and other such learning support applications.

I highly recommend R&W as an excellent learning support application.

Go ahead and enroll in an information session right now! You will be amazed to see what you can achieve with R&W!