Join in the fun and spirit of the Christchurch City2Surf and celebrate UC’s 150th year with a free entry, a t-shirt to run in, and support programme to get you over the line! No fitness or experience necessary!
How do you get all this for FREE?
Easy – simply head over to the Rec&Sport website and register with us. The first 150 UC Staff and UC Students will get the full package ABSOLUTELY FREE! We want to see our UC team wearing UC Colours with pride on the day!
What if I am number 151 to register?
You can still join in the fun, and our programme groups, but the cost is $45 for students/staff or members of the RecCentre, and others can join us for $65. This includes the support groups, training programme and entry fee. Sorry no t-shirt! So don’t delay, sign up today!
What is the City2Surf?
It’s an iconic fun run/walk hosted in the city every year. You can choose to do 6km or 12km, and you can opt to walk/wheel or jog/run. We have options and training plans for all abilities and choices. Just indicated on the registration from what you’re interested in trying. This is ideal if you’re thinking about your first event, consider yourself ‘not a runner’ or get puffed after 20secs of jogging! With a safe training plan, we’ll get you over the finish line of your preferred event in just six weeks!
All good, what are the details?
More info is available on our website, and once you register, we’ll be in touch regularly to keep you on track. But here’s what you need to know:
- Event day is Sunday 19th March, 2023 in the AM
- Group walk/wheel and jogs are offered twice weekly, usually Tues/Thurs evening
- First group walk/jog is Tuesday 31st Jan
- You can start remotely, and follow the plan from wherever you are, and once you’re in the city, you can join in with our groups
- Group sessions are highly recommended, but we understand if you can’t make them all.
- You’ll be out and about 3-4x per week (2 with us, 2 on your own)
- There’s a special facebook group to share tips and ask questions
So, what are you waiting for? Register today, and maybe get your flatmates signed up too!
UC Rec&Sport | Te Ratonga Hākinakina