The Rec&Sport app has had a little update – making it more user friendly. Go ahead and update it in your app store, and then close and reopen your app on your device.
Why should you get the app (even if you don’t use the gym right now)? There’s a ton of free resources in there to help you on your wellbeing journey, and you don’t need to come to the gym to make use of them. If you can put a little exercise into your day, even a snack size 10mins, it will help your mental health and boost your brainpower for study. Here’s a little rundown:
- Select the ‘Coach’ tab, and you will find meditation sessions to try, and articles in Wellness Magazine about all things health and fitness to read. All curated by the expert team at Technogym.
- Select the ‘Rec&Sport‘ tab, and you can book your group fitness class, or toggle to the info section at the top and you’ll find links to book courts, PT sessions, massage and BCS.
- In the ‘Workouts‘ tab, you’ll find a heap of free workouts that are a mix of in-gym and at-home, both with and without equipment. Yoga, pilates, kickboxing, HIIT… so you don’t need to leave the comfort of your home to get a sneaky workout in to boost your brainpower. Save time and study better!
- Need a challenge to get motivated? Check out the ‘Challenges’ tab, where you’ll find a range of exercise challenges that are worldwide.
- Finally, the ‘Activity‘ tab keep a record of your fitness data and badges you collect for all your movement.
As a UC student, you get your RecCentre membership for ‘free’, it’s part of your levy payment. To maintain access to the app, you will need to get your membership sorted, which you can do online. Follow all the instructions on that page and contact us if you have any issues.
Te Ratonga Hākinakina | UC Rec&Sport